The VoIP Engineer-Architect's coordinate strategies for defining, deploying, and maintaining the company's in-house (VoIP) IP telephony voice communication architecture and its associated network connections and component hardware.
- Works with management team to develop a comprehensive and successful Cisco
- Works with customer and partner sales and technical teams to prospect and develop Cisco Unified Communications sales, design, installation, and support opportunities
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP installations as necessary
- Attends and participates in internal and customer meetings
- Executes planning, and implementing VoIP solutions by set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure objectives and operating requirements are met.
- Implements and supports VoIP installations and support and build-outs including security, routing, switching, wireless, and other network related duties.
- Provides mentorship, training, and support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s/Bachelor’s in information systems, computer science/related field of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Professional certification including Cisco CCVP, Microsoft MCSE (desirable)
- Prior technology VoIP implementation and support experience with mid to enterprise level environments